Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies and Keurig House Party


I made these yummy cookies for my Keurig Vue House Party!  Have you heard of Houseparty.com?  I learned about it through some friends in my playgroup.  I went to a couple of parties they were chosen for, and then signed up for myself.  There's no selling of anything involved.  It's just a way for companies to advertise new products.  They usually have several parties available at any given time. I've been to or hosted parties for Digiorno Pizza, Johnsonville Sausage, Silk, Nicholas Sparks books, Philadelphia Cooking Cream, and Pullups.  You choose which ones you are interested in, fill out a short application, then wait and hope you are chosen. If so, they send you a party pack of products and/or coupons to use at your party.  I was so excited to be chosen for this one because Keurig sent me this Keurig Vue machine to use at my party and keep!

Houseparty also sent ALL of this coffee (except the decaf, I bought that) to serve at my party plus an apron, two tumbler cups (I gave away as door prizes!), mints, cookies, and 50% off Keurig Vue coupons to give my guests.  I still have some coupons, so let me know if you want one!


I decided to combine my house party with my Literary Mamas Book Club.  We usually meet at Hastings and have coffee anyway, so this time we met at my house and enjoyed this fun coffee machine.  I love it!  It heats up fast and we were able to make cup after cup in no time.  It has a touchscreen where you can choose the size you want, and if you'd like to make your coffee stronger. You can also make Cappuccinos, Lattes, Herbal Teas, Iced Teas, Iced Coffee, and Hot Chocolate. To go along with the coffee, I made the Pumpkin Cookies pictured above.  Ann from my home church in Oklahoma brought these to a church function years ago and I've been making them ever since.  

Pumpkin Cookies

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin

Icing
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.  Cream sugar and Crisco.  Add egg and mix well.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix in vanilla and pumpkin.  Drop by large tablespoons on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.  For icing, boil brown sugar, butter, and milk.  Add powdered sugar until thick enough to spread.  Add vanilla.  You may have to thin with milk as you ice.  This made about 30 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment