Monday, September 24, 2012

Cranberry Chocolate Cookies



My Blogger has been broken for several days. :(  I was getting a strange message that I'd logged out from a different location, did I want to log-in again, yada yada yada.  I checked the forums and it wasn't just me.  There were lots of folks with the same problem, so I just had to wait it out.   Finally today it was back to normal. It reminded me, I need to take Brittney's advice over at Razorbackbritt.  After she had a blog scare, she put up a great post about how to backup your blog.  Anyway, I've been wanting to post this cookie recipe for awhile.  I'm hosting a house party/book club tonight and I'd already planned on posting about that tomorrow with another cookie recipe, so it's gonna be cookies two days in a row!  I was happy to find that Walmart now carries King Arthur Flours.


I bought a bag of unbleached white whole wheat and it happened to have a cookie recipe on the bag that Addie thought sounded good, so we tried it out.  Caroline helped me.  Here she is packing down the brown sugar.



These whole-grain cookies were very tasty.  We made some with walnuts and some without.  I think I might try them sometime with some white chocolate chips added in.

Cranberry Chocolate Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tblsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350.

Cream together the butter, sugar, orange juice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Beat in the egg until combined; scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.  Add the flour, mixing until smooth.  Stir in the chocolate chips, cranberries, and nuts.  Drop onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (I use Silpat liners instead).

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown around the edges (they won't look done in the center). Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment