Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend in Northwest Arkansas



We had a nice Labor Day Weekend.  How about you?  I usually run/walk with my friend Angie on Saturday mornings on one of the many local trails in Fayetteville or Springdale.  This Saturday, we had this beautiful double rainbow to look at while we exercised.  I love our trail system.  It's so nice, and this beautiful view made it even better.  By the way, I invited Angie to start walking/running with me months and months ago and she has completely surpassed my abilities!  She ran a 10K on Labor day in 57 minutes!  Woo Hoo Angie!  Thanks for still keeping me as an exercise partner.

 Mike bought a new (to him) truck this weekend.  We've been tossing around the idea of something with 4 wheel drive that we can treat a little rougher than the mini-van, take camping, haul bikes and stuff, etc.  He found what he was looking for in Tulsa and drove over and bought it Saturday night.  Caroline really wanted to have a picnic in the back of the new truck, so we drove over to Devil's Den on Labor day and made it happen!  We also let the girls wade around in the creek for awhile before we went home.  They were very happy that Daddy pulled into Shake's Custard as a surprise on the way home.  Instead of keeping ice cream in the freezer, we take them out for treats every once in awhile.  That way, we're not eating it everyday.  Cause if it's in the freezer, I'm gonna eat it!


No comments:

Post a Comment