Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dreams of Helsinki

Last night, during one of our many walks around the neighborhood, my friend and I were discussing dreams.  She had mentioned that she had a very scary and disturbing dream the other night.  I asked her what she had read or watched on TV that night thinking maybe that prompted the dream.  So from there we started talking about what shows we like to watch.  Several were brought up including The Walking Dead, Mad Men, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and 30 Rock.  Sometimes we walk pretty close to bedtime, so I got back home, did a little reading of my current book, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and hit the hay.  Well....I had the weirdest dream.  First, I was at some sort of business conference.  But the people there were co-workers of Mike's, not mine.  Then, I was trying to catch a flight to Helsinki and was having the worst trouble getting on.  I was seriously stressed because I thought I was going to miss my flight.  This part of the dream seemed to be on repeat because I kept trying and trying to get on that plane!  When I woke up, I had tons of sinus pressure and a bad headache.  What in the world brought on Helsinki?  Honestly, the first thing I did when I walked in the kitchen was ask Mike where it even was.  Geography was never my strong suit.  So, was it the TV talk, the Ya-Ya's or what?  Maybe I need to take a trip to Finland.  Who knows?  Addie learned to make worry dolls in Girl Scouts and she made Caroline and I each one to place under our pillows at night to ward off bad dreams.  I'm gonna make sure this little beauty is under there tonight!







No comments:

Post a Comment