Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Definitely Monday

I had a lot of work to do today so I decided to get up extra early.  And my boss was coming over to go over Quickbooks stuff so I wanted to clean my workspace a little.  I've been after Mike to find the box to some binoculars he bought because I needed the UPC for a rebate.  Well guess what happened when I went through the pile on my desk?  Yep, I found the flattened box.  Oops.  I'm such a piler when it comes to personal paperwork.  I need to work on that.

I've started a 3 week cleanse to try and drop the few pounds I gained over the Holidays.  I should NEVER stop recording my food in Myfitnesspal because that is what happens.  You would think I would learn!  I'd been going gluten free for several days, but then my pal and I saw JJ Virgin on the Rachael Ray show while walking on the gym treadmills.  She promotes going Gluten, Soy, Dairy, Corn, Egg, Peanut, and Sugar free for 3 weeks.  Then each week you will try adding gluten, soy, dairy, or egg back in and see how you feel. (She never wants you to add back in Peanut, Corn, and Sugar).  I KNOW that eating gluten makes me feel sluggish and like I have a basketball in my stomach, but I hadn't thought about eliminating the rest, except for peanuts of course.  That's easy with Caroline's allergy.  I'm on day 4 and I feel really good.  I had a headache the first couple of days, but not anymore.  Just what am I eating you ask?  Well, I'm drinking a rice protein smoothie for breakfast and lunch and for dinner so far I've kept it pretty much the same each night.  I'll have something like a chicken breast, a sweet potato, and asparagus.  Saturday night, Mike and I went to Outback and I had a 6 oz filet, sweet potato, and broccoli. I also have 2 snacks.  So far they've been turkey slices rolled up with guacamole and brown rice cakes with almond butter.   I've done many different "diets" in the past.  But since I turned 35 the same things don't seem to work anymore.  So I'm giving this a whirl. 

After I made my smoothie, Caroline wanted one.  I have a Blendtech...it has a lawnmower motor...sometimes it's a little scary. I've made many smoothies in it, but today the lid popped off, the frozen banana went flying through the air, and smoothie went all over the counter and cabinets.  Fun.  Then I proceeded to break the handle on my toilet.  More fun.  I told Mike about everything and he texted "Happy Monday".  I'm just glad this happened on Day 4 of the Virgin diet and not Day 1 or 2 because I would have probably given up and eaten some cheese pretzels or something!

If you're interested in the Virgin Diet read the reviews here

No comments:

Post a Comment