Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia


I'm using Chia seeds in my daily smoothies.  Sounds funny doesn't it?  I've been joking that maybe it will help my hair grow (another after 35 problem for me, thinning hair).  Apparently Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, protein, and fiber.  Who would have thought?  I bought some from the bulk jars at ONF and use 1 tablespoon per smoothie.  They grind up well in the Blendtech and don't add any flavor, so I don't notice them much.  Their fiber content and the fact that they expand when wet, help you feel full.  I have found that to be true.  I do feel full, but not overly so like I do when I eat gluten.  It's day 5 and my gut (that's such a weird word, but there's no better way to describe it I guess) feels fabulously empty, in a good way.  I hope I remember this when the Girl Scout Cookies come in.  That's it for today.  Must.get.something.done.now.

No comments:

Post a Comment