Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's in the Box Wednesday?

Chobani!  That's what's in the box!  We are a Chobani loving household, so the nice folks at Chobani sent this box full of Greek yogurt goodness for us to try.

The regular Chobani tubs are always part of our weekly shopping list, but I was especially happy when they came out with the Champions tubes.  They are so easy to throw in the lunchbox as seen below in a lunch from last week.  I freeze them and then by lunchtime, they are at the perfect temperature and consistency.  (They're fun to eat frozen at home too.)


Today's lunches also have Chobani products, but you can't see them at first glance.  I'll explain after the photos.



Both girls have a Chobani muffin, Chobani smoothie, grapes, and Babybel cheese.  I included some smokey almonds in Addie's since she is older and hungrier. :)  I made the smoothies last night using 6 oz of Non-fat Raspberry Chobani Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of a frozen berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries), 1/2 a banana, and just a little bit of milk.  This was enough for two ice pop molds.  I froze them overnight and at lunchtime they should be at a nice consistency for drinking.  Before I closed up the lunchboxes, I used rubber bands and baggies around the molds to prevent leakage.  After I received my box of goodies I browsed around the Chobani website and found they have TONS of great looking recipes using their products.  I found this muffin recipe and modified a little using 1/2 whole wheat flour.  I think you could use any yogurt flavor you like also.  I used some of the Chobani Bites I received in the box.  As you can see, Greek yogurt is very versatile.  I hope to try some of the other recipes on the site soon!



2 comments:

  1. All sorts of Chobani love in this post! Thanks for the great review and for really highlighting the versatility of Greek yogurt. Those muffins look delicious. Are those chocolate chunks peaking out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be chocolate chunks! Thanks again for the goody box! We have enjoyed it.

      Delete