Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mom Taxi Fuel

Thursdays this fall are going to be super busy after school.  Between the girls and I, we have guitar lessons, soccer practice, and Zumba, bam-bam-bam, right in a row.  And somehow, I have to squeeze cooking dinner in there somewhere.  To start a busy day like this off right, I need to eat a healthy breakfast.  This is my favorite right now, scrambled eggs and spinach with Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese, turkey bacon, blueberries, and Ezekiel bread toast.  The cheese makes the eggs creamy and adds a little kick.  And you know those Super Food lists that are always in magazines?  Spinach and blueberries are usually on them.  They are both packed full of nutrients and antioxidants.  The Ezekiel bread is high in both protein and fiber.  I don't know about you, but if I don't eat enough protein, I just feel bad.  All of this food is only around 310 calories and the only items you really have to prepare are the eggs and bacon, and they take no time at all!  I wilt the spinach first in my non-stick pan, add in 1 beaten egg and 2 whites, and scramble.  The cheese is added at the end.  Try it, you'll like it!

2 comments:

  1. Those eggs look yummy! I'll be trying this breakfast. Do you use fresh spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment Shannon. It was marked as Spam. Weird! Yes, I use fresh spinach that's why I wilt it first. It really is a quick breakfast!

    ReplyDelete